Most free Blogger templates come with instructions on how to install a Blogger template on your Blogger blog. If you happen to download a free Blogger template without any readme file you can use the instructions below to install your new template on Blogger.
Instructions to Change a Blogger Template
To put your new Blogger template on Blogger there are some basic steps you will need to follow:
- Download your chosen new template file to your computer. It will have an .xml file extension name
- Login to Blogger
- From the Dashboard choose the Layout tab
- Under Layout select the Edit HTML option
- Backup your existing template before uploading the new one by clicking on Download Full Template and saving the template file to your computer
- Once you have backed up your template click on Upload a Template and choose the new template file you wish to upload from your computer.
- If you are happy with the new template go ahead and save it. Blogger will give you the option to save the widgets you already have on your blog. In most cases you will need to click yes to save your widgets.
- Admire your new Blogger template